STEW COOKING APPLES : COOKING LIGHT BRUNCH RECIPES : MOM MANIA COOKING GAMES.
Stew Cooking Apples
- Cook (meat, fruit, or other food) slowly in liquid in a closed dish or pan
- Remain in a heated or stifling atmosphere
- bear a grudge; harbor ill feelings
- (of meat, fruit, or other food) Be cooked in such a way
- fret: agitation resulting from active worry; "don't get in a stew"; "he's in a sweat about exams"
- grizzle: be in a huff; be silent or sullen
Apple & Rhubarb Crumble - Step 2
We made an Apple & Rhubarb Crumble last night...very, very tasty...and healthy apparently!
So here's my recipe...remembered from years gone by and in no small way influenced by my grandma's teachings ;)Ingredients:Fruity Goodness
- 3 Granny Smith apples
, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 Pink Lady apples
, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 stalks Rhubarb, stringed and chopped into 3cm chunks
- tsp Cloves, whole
- 0.5 cup Caster Sugar (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup WaterCrumble
- 1 & 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar (or to taste)
- 100gm Butter, softenedMethod:
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Add apples
, rhubarb, cloves, sugar and water to a large pan and simmer covered for
10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally (add more water if required but the stew
should never get "runny").
3. Once all ingredients are stew
ed through, set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the rolled oats and sugar and mix together well with your fingers. Then add the butter and rub through until well combined (this is the best bit). Add more oats/sugar/butter as required depending on how much "crumble" topping you want.
5. Pour stew
mix into a large casserole (or similar) dish and top with crumble mix, evening it out so all edges are covered. You can sprinkle cinnamon over the top at this point if you like.
6. Bake in the oven for
around 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
7. Remove from oven, serve hot with icecream, go back for
8. Win :D
2008 Big Apple Barbecue Block Party - Proclamation Strew Crew - Brunswick Stew
The 6th Annual Snapple Big Apple Barbecue Block Party took place in Madison Square Park on June 7-8, 2008. The Big Apple Barbecue Block Party brings together the country’s top pitmasters who cook up their award-winning food for
over a hundred thousand barbecue enthusiasts.
Led by stewmaster John Clary, the Proclamation Stew Crew, from Lawrenceville, Brunswick County, Virginia offered up Brunswick Stew--a brew of boneless chicken thighs, fatback, potatoes, onions, crushed tomatoes, lima beans, shoepeg corn and pure red pepper.
A plaque on a pot in Brunswick, Georgia states that the first Brunswick stew was cooked in it on July 2, 1898, on nearby St. Simons Island. A competing story, however, claims that the dish hails from Brunswick County in southern Virginia. According to one leg
end, the camp chef of a Virginia state leg
islator invented the recipe in 1828 on a hunting expedition and everyone was immediately hooked.
Related topics: julia cooking cooking schools alberta cooking crayfish tails free cooking academy 2 full version download st louis cooking schools down south cooking recipes slow cooking a chicken
- (月) 11:13:19|
- Category: None